axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Upul Godage" <upulg....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Debug Axis2 Engine
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:30:57 GMT
This is how you can do it in Eclipse.
Download the Axis2 source distribution from the Axis2 site.
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download/1_4/download.cgi
Follow the same procedure as debugging a web service.
(JMSMessageReceiver is in the axis2-kernel jar so far.)
You can attach the source zip to the project either by, right clicking on
one of the axis2 jars and attaching the source zip or when debugging when
you go to axis2 classes away from your classes, give the src zip when asked
for attaching source.
Then you can put break points etc on the attached source. If you open up an
Axis2 class then Eclipse will show the relevant source file from the zip.

Otherwise you can create a project with the downloaded axis2 source code or
checking out the source code from svn repository. Start the standalone Axis2
server or the web container with debug options on.  Put debug points in the
Axis2 code and remote connect to the server.

Also, Apache Synapse (http://synapse.apache.org/) has a more updated JMS
transport code in the synapse transports jar. It is the same code base but
an updated version. You can download that and replace the axis2.xml entry
jms transport listener with that class name and try. That is you can add the
synapse transport jar to the lib and replace the axis2 jms transport
listener entry with the one in the Synapse axis2.xml file.

Upul