axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing J2XB for Axis
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 06:12:14 GMT
hi Yoav,

As I understood from your mail it is not an alternative to ADB, Xmlbeans and
jaxb. What these frameworks does is that they generate the java classes from
a given schema.
For me this is some what similar to jibx.
you can have an idea of how Axis2 codegeneration works and overall axis2
architecture (WSDL2java tool) here[1].

And also please see the xmlbeans module. And see how xmlbeans integrated to
Axis2.
Here mainly you have to write a Codegen utility class
(org.apache.axis2.xmlbeans.CodeGenerationUtility) to generate the java code
from the XmlSchema and return a Map which contain the QName and the
generated class name. Axis2 codegen engine use this information to generate
the classes.

And also you need to write a binding template which mainly implement the
toOM and fromOM methods.

Then add an extension to Codegen module (eg.
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.XMLBeansExtension)

to register with the WSDL2java tool.

feel free to ask any question. I'll bit busy for this week. certainly be
able to answer any thing from next week.

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html

Amila Suriarachchi,