axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensions to Axis2/Java deployment engine
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:56:36 GMT
I think the ideal outcome would be this:

* Firstly we allow Axis2 to work cleanly in a OSGi environment.
* We also allow Axis2 to work in a non-OSGi environment (full
backwards compatibility).
* We define an extension to Axis2 that is available as a separate JAR
that enables OSGi
* If the OSGi extension is available, then that enables OSGi
deployment of services and modules
* In other words, there is a well-defined way of creating a bundle
that is a service and a bundle that is a module, and once the OSGi
extension is enabled, the OSGi discovery mechanisms pick up the
extensions.
* Axis2 transports could also have OSGi metadata in the JAR so that
these could use OSGi to be enabled if OSGi is enabled.

I don't know if this is possible :)

Paul

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2