axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADB implementation
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:37:35 GMT
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM, <Matthias.Gaiser@t-systems.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I got a question concerning the implementation of ADB and I thought I'd be
> on the better place in the developer list.
>

> I cannot really understand the way ADB was implemented, I think my proposal
> is better and I wonder why no one else thought about it. Probably I am
> missing some points and I would be glad if you could correct me.
>

> ADB is implemented with the use of AXIOM. AXIOM is a xml framework which
> only reads the content if it is needed, which I think is really good for
> performance. When I now trace the way of a service generated with ADB
> databinding, I see that Axis2 is first generating OMElements which are then
> converted to the ADBBeans. Later, on the way back it will be the other way
> round, from ADBBeans to OMElements.

Please read this article[1]. See the parse and  serialize methods of the
generated code. It directly reads from the xmlStream reader and writes to
xmlStream writter.

> What are the particular reasons that you didn't just extend an OMElement to
> become an ADBBean. You could just create some setters and getters for the
> properties to set and could stick with the internal OM-implementation. That
> way the step of (de)-serializing would fall away.

ADB is a databinding framework and AXIOM is an xml info set representation.
In Axis2 databinding happens after the message receiver and it builds the
Xml info set at the transport level.

As I understood, what you have suggested is to build an general OM Element
model at the transport level and build a another OM Element model (which
extends ADBBeans) at the message receiver. IMHO this is not perform better
than creating ADBBean objects directly from the XmlStreamReader.

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/2068

--