axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From <Matthias.Gai...@t-systems.com>
Subject ADB implementation
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:22:08 GMT
Hi,

I got a question concerning the implementation of ADB and I thought I'd
be on the better place in the developer list.

I cannot really understand the way ADB was implemented, I think my
proposal is better and I wonder why no one else thought about it.
Probably I am missing some points and I would be glad if you could
correct me.

ADB is implemented with the use of AXIOM. AXIOM is a xml framework which
only reads the content if it is needed, which I think is really good for
performance. When I now trace the way of a service generated with ADB
databinding, I see that Axis2 is first generating OMElements which are
then converted to the ADBBeans. Later, on the way back it will be the
other way round, from ADBBeans to OMElements.

What are the particular reasons that you didn't just extend an OMElement
to become an ADBBean. You could just create some setters and getters for
the properties to set and could stick with the internal
OM-implementation. That way the step of (de)-serializing would fall
away.

What am I missing out here?

Thank you for any clarification!

Matthias.