axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Hamerling - eBM WebSourcing <christophe.hamerl...@ebmwebsourcing.com>
Subject Overloading in JAXWS services
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 10:46:58 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am trying to deploy an annotated POJO class like  this one :
     @WebMethod(operationName = "querySpace")
     String[] query(String space, String query) throws SpaceException;

     @WebMethod(operationName = "query")
     String[] query(String query) throws SpaceException;
..

There are some warnings about method overloading on deployment and
when I try to invoke the operation the Axis Engine send me back an
exception since it can not find the 'query' operation for example.

Looking at the
org
.apache
.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSchemaGenerator#processMethods() I
see that the operationName is not handled :
             String methodName = jMethod.getName();
             // no need to think abt this method , since that is system
             // config method
             if (excludeMethods.contains(methodName)) {
                 continue;
             }

             if (uniqueMethods.get(methodName) != null) {
                 log.warn("We don't support method overloading.
Ignoring [" +
                         methodName + "]");
                 continue;
             }

Why not using the operationName instead of the method name?
Thanks

Christophe Hamerling - eBM WebSourcing
christophe.hamerling@ebmwebsourcing.com
SOA Research Engineer