axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Releasing 1.5.1
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:53:44 GMT
Hi Deepal:

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>> So, there are currently no JIRAs left targeted for 1.5.1, and there were at
>> least a few major fixes (in particular the CLOSE_WAIT issues, transport
>> deployer fix, and the module versioning stuff) since 1.5 that I for one would
>> really like to get out into the world ASAP.
>
> But we have 17 blockers? so are we going to keep them as it is or are
> we going address them. As I remember correct we do not do releases
> when we have blockers. Either we fix them or down grade them.

I think the fixes we've already done are pretty critical to get out, and
since we already released 1.5 with these, I'm leaning towards just targeting
the current blocker list to 1.6, and letting those be our blockers for the
next major release (which could be right after ApacheCon?).  WDYT?

If people think this is OK, I'll try to get a release wrapped up tonight if
possible (I'm at a client today so won't be able to do Apache work during the
day).

Thanks,
--Glen