axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disengagement of module which is not globally engaged removes module's handlers from the global phase chain
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:10:33 GMT
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:56 PM, <detelinyordanov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>   We have an Axis2 1.4.1 runtime, which has addressing and rampart modules
> deployed. However, only addressing is engaged globally, Rampart is not.
>
> We have two services, one is secured (has Rampart engaged), the other one
> is not. When Rampart is engaged on the unsecured service and subsequently
> disengaged, it happens that the Rampart handler is removed from the security
> phase. This practically disables access to the other secured service, since
> secured service requests are not handled by Rampart anymore (no handler in
> security phase) and Axis2 throws a mustUnderstand check failed for the
> security header.
>
> We examined the module disengage logic, and it seems that the handler
> removal takes place in AxisOperation#onDisengage(AxisModule module). The
> code there would remove module's handlers from global chains if the module
> is not engaged on service nor on gloabal level. What is the reason for this,
> and what if the module is engaged on another service (as in our case)?

hi,

I think global handlers should not remove when disengaging because of the
above reason.
Global handlers any way get invoked for all messages and hence they must
check the service is engaged for that module or not if the module is not
supposed to invoke on all services. (eg. rampart). So this should not make
any problem.

thanks,
Amila.

--