axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [Axis2] Excluded *Util* tests in kernel module
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:03:18 GMT
Hi All,

In the process of adding a new test, I discovered that all tests with the
name *Util*.java were being excluded in the kernel pom.xml.  It turns out
there were two tests that were being excluded, one of which passed and one
of which failed.

I've added explicit excludes for these two tests [1] and removed the
generic exclude for tests that happen to have *Util* in the name.

Two questions:
1) Does anyone know why the passing test URLTemplatingUtilTest was
excluded?  Perhaps it was inadvertently excluded due to the generic
exclude statement.  If that's the case, I'm happy to un-exclude it.
2) Does anyone know if the failing test UtilsParseRequestTest is worth
getting working again or is it obsolete?

I would like to suggest in the future we try not to exclude tests based on
generic names like that, and if we want to exclude tests we do so
explicitly for each testcase with an comment explaining why.

[1] kernel/pom.xml explicit exclude statements:
                        <exclude>**/UtilsParseRequestTest.java</exclude>
<!-- Was excluded by **/*Util*.java and currently fails -->
                        <exclude>**/URLTemplatingUtilTest.java</exclude>
<!-- Was excluded by **/*Util*.java -->

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: (512) 286-5256 or TieLine: 363-5256
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com