axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmoy Chakraborty <cch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting hierarchical service deployment
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:02:10 GMT
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cchinu@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Paul,
>>
>> May be I dropped in from nowhere but I like to understand the idea. What
>> is the purpose of maintaining duplicate data by allowing exact same AAR to
>> be deployed in two different parts of hierarchy?
>>
> It is not exact AAR file. It is basically organise your AAR file in a
> directory structure without putting all of the in the root directory.
>
> eg.
> repository/services/admin/AdminService.aar
> repository/services/management/Management.aar
> repository/services/tech/v1.1/Tech.aar
> repository/services/tech/v1.0/Tech.aar
>
> if you take latter two cases, it may be two versions of same .aar file
> which user wants to active at the same time.

CHINMOY>> OK.

>> I guess Axis2 should also support same service name with different
>> namespaces. I have this kind of requirement in our project but right now
>> it's a limitation.
>>
> if you can describe your requirement then we can see how it can be
> supported.
>
> As I understood what you want to have is same service name with different
> name spaces to distinguish the version.
> (I assume version depends on the namespace in your case)

CHINMOY>> Not exactly. I have two different services with same service name
and they do absolutely two different tasks. let me explain: I have one
function called ABS (returns absolute value, generally long) and a
routinecalled ABS (does some other work than ABS function). Let's say
the namespace
for ABS function is abc.function.ABS and the namespace for ABS routine is
abc.routine.ABS.

So we can have two different services for the same service name. In AXIS 1.x
we could do that since there was concept of jws deployment and the directory
structure was part of the url.

> Now the problem is what is the epr for these two services. In the above
> solution epr is mapped to the folder structure. So people can invoke two
> services with different eprs.
>
> In your solution how to determine the service to invoke once a request
> receive?

CHINMOY>> If we have a parameter in services.xml like
<serviceNameSpace>abc.function/routine</serviceNameSpace> then in the url
the service name should be appened with namespace. e.g

../services/ABS (now)
../service/abc.function.ABS

The logic should be just add namespace along with the servicename and the
namespace is available from the services.xml.

Chinmoy

> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> Chinmoy
>>
>>   On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Chinmoy
>>>
>>> I think that is cool, but I guess the aim of Isuru's initial proposal
>>> was to allow the exact same AAR to be deployed independently in two
>>> parts of the hierarchy. To me that is a good objective.
>>>
>>> Paul

>>> the

>>> hierarchically

>>> doesn't