axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Shailesh Potnis <potnis2...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to use axis2 clustering for stateless services
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:50:59 GMT
Hi:

I am trying to test the HA features of Axis2 clustering.  I am using Asix2 version 1.4.1.

I have deployed a simple stateless service on two nodes (two OC4J instances on two machines)
that are clustered.

Here is what I see:

If I deactivate a service on one of the nodes using axis2 admin console on that node, the
service fails 50% of time depending on where it get load balanced by the load balancer in
the front.

I am trying to understand how to reproduce the failure scenario.  Is the scenario I described
correct to allow axis2 cluster to provide fail-over.  I am somewhat at loss to find out how
axis2 cluster can be used to add value over and above OC4J cluster which will provide a fail-over
for a node (oc4j server or entire web application) failure.
 Thank You and Best Regards

Sincerely

Shailesh