axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Gauba, Naveen" <c_nga...@qualcomm.com>
Subject Connection to Axis Web Service gets stale when the Web Service App is bounced.
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:34:25 GMT
Hi Guys

My spring application is using an external Axis Web Service. I initialize the Service Stub
during my application startup and keep a connection for that.

When the external Axis Web Service was bounced I started getting "Read timed out" error when
my app tried to talk to the web service.

00000027 HTTPSender    I org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender sendViaPost Unable to
sendViaPost to url[ http://servername:9080/abcd-content-soap/MyService<%20http:/servername:9080/abcd-content-soap/MyService>]
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:155)

How do I fix this issue? I understand that I can build a polling mechanism inside my app which
can ping the service frequently and then re-initialize the service in case of 'Read Time Out'
exceptions. Is there a different option? Could I configure something on the axis configurations
that takes care of this issue?

Regards

Naveen Gauba