axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmoy Chakraborty <cch...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible memory leak in Axis2 1.4.1?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:25:10 GMT
Hi All,

I have an application which uses Axis2 1.4.1. When we have Axis2 configured
(servlet mappings) in web.xml we get following error in Tomcat 6.0.24.

"*A web application appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but has
failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak*".

According to tomcat developers this happens when an app starts a thread but
never stops it. Tomcat tries to stop the thread (6.0.22 onwards) if tomcat
fails to stop the thread, it gives above message.

If we comment out Axis2 servlet mappings in web.xml we do not get the error.

Any comments?

Chinmoy