axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject [Vote] Simplifying the Axis2 release process
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:58:13 GMT
All,

It looks like one of the major pain points when doing an Axis2 release
is producing and deploying the Maven site. The complexity of this part
of the process stems from the fact that in the (deployed) site we not
only have the documentation for the current release, but also the
pages for previous releases. There are a couple of ant scripts to make
this work, but the stuff is difficult to understand, maintain and use.
I think that the added value of linking to the documentation of
previous releases doesn't justify this complexity, and I would like to
radically simplify this.

Here is my proposal:

* Change modules/documentation to make it a simple and straightforward
Maven site, without any links to or inclusion of previous releases.
* When doing a release, we archive the site of the previous release by
moving it to a subfolder.
* Once the new axis.apache.org site developed by Milinda et al is
ready, we can link to the archived Maven sites from there.

Here is my +1.

Andreas