axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Release Axis2 1.6?
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 13:30:40 GMT
On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com>wrote:

> Here is the complete story:
>
> Normally, the release process should be as simple as this:
>
> 1. Update relevant documentation (release note, entry in the download
> page, etc.) for the release.
> 2. Use maven-release-plugin to perform the release and upload the
> artifacts to the (Nexus) staging repository.
> 3. Vote.
> 4. Promote the Maven artifacts for the release.
> 5. Upload the distributions.
> 6. Upload the site.
> 7. Send an announcement.
>
> However, with Axis2, it is far from being that simple. I guess that
> former Release Managers can confirm that previous releases have always
> caused much headaches. Unfortunately nobody ever took the time to
> document the process. Currently, my primary goal is to fix the
> build/release process to get 1.5.2 out. Obviously it would not make
> sense to fix this only on the 1.5 branch. Therefore I'm doing the
> changes on the trunk (with the 1.6 release in mind, which BTW is still
> officially managed by Amila)

Couple of months back I had some time to spend with Axis2 and I thought of
doing a release. In fact I was
expecting to do a release with the proper dependencies and what ever the
possible bug fixes.

Currently I am bit busy with my other stuff and if you have time please go
for Axis2 1.6. Hope I will get some time
another 3-4 weeks time and can do what ever necessary.

BTW big +1 for the release automation process. so that any one can do a
release once they got some time to spend with Axis2.

Hope Saranga will be able to do the woden release soon.

thanks,
Amila.