axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Release Axis2 1.6?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:53:57 GMT

As I said, no light at the end of the tunnel :-(

> I think we have a wiki page mentioning the release process.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/release_process
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/releases/steps

I guess the emphasis should be on "mentioning"... Just to give you an
example of the kind of info that is missing: there are (or were,
before my changes) several places other than the <version> elements in
the POM files where the version number is hardcoded. To do a correct
release, you need to know that and make sure that all these files are
updated. Note that my goal is to eliminate these things and make sure
that the entire build process calculates version numbers based on the
POM files. For example, for the Eclipse plugins I changed the build
process to use maven-bundle-plugin which takes care of generating an
OSGi compliant version number from the Maven version. This also solves
the issue with the dependencies in the plugin.xml file, which
sometimes get out of sync with the Maven dependencies.