axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparation of the Axis2 1.5.3 release
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:30:44 GMT
Actually, my priority after the 1.5.3 release would be to get a
Transports release out, so that we can also republish the site for
that project. I just checked that the current Transports trunk builds
just fine with Axis2 1.5.3-SNAPSHOT, so this Transports release would
be compatible with Axis2 1.5.3 and 1.6. The Synapse project may also
be interested in this release because they are preparing Synapse 2.0,
which is based on Axis2 1.5, and because Synapse in general has many
use cases that depend on Axis2 Transports.

Andreas

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 19:00, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that for the moment, 1.6 is not my priority. I think that the
> most urgent thing to do is to republish the Maven site. I have
> resynchronized the 1.5 branch with the site changes from the trunk.
> Therefore the fastest way to republish the Maven site is to release
> 1.5.3.
>
> Andreas
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 18:27, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
>> If Andreas is willing but won't do it unless he can cut the branch early, let's VOTE
on trying that approach, and then potentially evolving the release guidelines depending on
the results?