axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Enable SSL on JBoss
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 09:32:11 GMT
Hi Dave,
According to my experience you dont need to engage rampart to call a
web service over HTTPS. But it is true that you need trustStore and
trustStorePassword parameters in client side, as mentioned in your
mail. Also you need to enable https transport receiver in axis2.xml
(in server side). For that you can add following configuration to
axis2.xml. 8444 is the HTTPS listening port.

<transportReceiver name="https"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServletListener">
        <parameter name="port">8444</parameter>
    </transportReceiver>

[1] has more details about this. Hope this information is useful.

Thanks
AmilaJ

[1] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/servlet-transport.html

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM, David Jarvis
<David.Jarvis@osr.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi, this seems a basic question but i can't find a clear answer after an hour of googling:
>
> I know how to enable SSL on JBoss5.
> But how do i configure my axis2 web service to work with SSL on the server side ?
> I have a very simple axis2 web service (working ok) deployed per the axis2 quick start
guide (AXOIM classes).
> Some posts say i have to use Rampart ? Others say just add <security-constraint>
to axis2's web.xml.

> My client is an EJB3 (again using axis2 AXIOM classes). Do i need to do anything on the
client side too ? Some posts
> mention:
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "path/to/ keystore");
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "password");
>
> thanks
> Dave

> The information in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient only.
>
> It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute, take any action or reliance on it. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail.

> Warning: E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.