axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL generation for the services exposed only in local transport
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 01:29:29 GMT
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <
> hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well to be honest I don't really see a strong use case in Synapse for this
>> (perhaps we should first discuss this on synapse-dev). Why do we need to
>> expose a service only over local transport? What does that give us in
>> addition to what we already have? What problem are we trying to solve here?
>

> Security. Out side users are only give access the parent proxy service and
> hence only have to secure that proxy service.
>

>> A service by its very definition is a reusable entity that can be consumed
>> by any user or system. But services exposed only on local transport are
>> hidden from the rest of the world. They are like little internal
>> modules/components that provide some functionality which cannot be reused
>> outside Axis2.
>>

>> I know that the idea of proxy services invoking other proxy service
>> through JVM calls (local transport) indeed sounds cool. But can't we get the
>> same behavior by properly organizing services and sequences?
>>

> There are many ways of doing one thing. So it does not mean we need only
> looking into one path.
>
> Think about a scenario where you need to iterate over a service integration
> (which uses a service chaining). In that case iterate mediator can be in the
> parent proxy service and it can simply invoke the proxy service with service
> chaining using local transport for performance and security.

to be more specific, Lets say I have a proxy service like this[1]. Now I
want to improve this system, to process may customer orders comes with one
request and send the response for all customer orders.

with proxy service approach I can simply do that by writing another proxy
service which takes all customer details and call the existing proxy
service. This allows us to test the service in small proxy service level
compare to test the system as a whole. So this approach is a kind of
breaking a larger problem into a small manageable pieces which we normally
do with programming.

you may do the this by editing the existing proxy service sequences, but I
think that lead to more complex code.

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/articles/2011/04/integrate-rules-soa

> you may be able to write this using one proxy service with sequence. But it
> may not be easy for some one else not much familiar with synapse.
>
> But the original problem of this problem still remain and I'll see what can
> we do for that.
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Heshan Suriyaarachchi <
>> heshan.suriyaarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> So, in that case does that mean, we are going to
>>> 1) revert all the improvements did to the local transport OR
>>> 2) just remove the NonBlockingTransportListener class only?
>>>
>>> If it is the first option, then we have to improve the local transport in
>>> such a way that a user should be able to extended the local transport
>>> implementation and write a custom implementation. That will help us to move
>>> the Synapse specific local transport to Synapse itself.
>>>
>>> If it is the second option, then we wont have to change that much of code
>>> level change.
>>>
>>> Although we have discussed about local transport here, my original
>>> question still remains ie. improving WSDL generation logic to support WSDL
>>> generation for serivces that is only exposed in local transport.

B"

The
WSDL,

>>> --