axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Sullivan <not...@gmail.com>
Subject Having trouble interfacing with WCF
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:12:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to create an Axis2 Web Service Client that consumes a WCF
Service, and pass it a username and password so that the WCF service can run
as a specified authenticated user.

Of all of WCF's supported supposedly-interoperable protocols (listed at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms730294.aspx), so far I've only
gotten this to work with (1) plain SOAP 1.1, (2) SOAP 1.1 w/ Transport
Security, and (3) SOAP 1.2 w/ Transport Security.  I've tested the following
protocols:

   - SOAP 1.1
   - SOAP 1.1 w/ Transport Security
   - WSS SOAP Message Security 1.0
   - WSS SOAP Message Security UsernameToken Profile 1.0
   - WSS SOAP Message Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile 1.0
   - SOAP 1.2
   - SOAP 1.2 w/ Transport Security
   - WSS SOAP Message Security UsernameToken Profile 1.1
   - WSS SOAP Message Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile 1.1
   - WSS SOAP Message Security Kerberos Token Profile 1.1

For the following:

   - WSS SOAP Message Security UsernameToken Profile 1.0
   - WSS SOAP Message Security UsernameToken Profile 1.1
   - WSS SOAP Message Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile 1.1
   - WSS SOAP Message Security Kerberos Token Profile 1.1

I get the client side error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: An error occurred
> when verifying security for the message.

And the service side error:

System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException, System.ServiceModel,
> Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
> Security processor was unable to find a security header in the message.
> This might be because the message is an unsecured fault or because there is
> a binding mismatch between the communicating parties.   This can occur if
> the service is configured for security and the client is not using security.

And for the following:

   - WSS SOAP Message Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile 1.0
   - SOAP 1.2

I get the client side error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The message could not
> be processed. This is most likely because the action '
> http://tempuri.org/IMagicEightBallService/GetAdvice' is incorrect or
> because the message contains an invalid or expired security context token or
> because there is a mismatch between bindings. The security context token
> would be invalid if the service aborted the channel due to inactivity. To
> prevent the service from aborting idle sessions prematurely increase the
> Receive timeout on the service endpoint's binding.

And the service side error:

 System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException, System.ServiceModel,
> Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
> There was no channel that could accept the message with action '
> http://tempuri.org/IMagicEightBallService/GetAdvice'.

I have had similar result trying to use Metro, so I don't know where I'm
going wrong.  It's possible I don't have some of these configured properly,
but I don't know whether to look on the server or client side, and am not
sure where to go next.

Anyone have any ideas? Completely lost here.

--
Jay Sullivan