axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS2 JAX-WS tool support and deployment
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:19:20 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
<sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Support for JAX-WS processing through Axis2 tools ( WSDL2JAVA and
> JAVA2WSDL ) is an important improvement and AFAIK this is required for
>  some part of JAX-WS TCK too.  I'm primarily focus on following two
> areas.
>
> 1.) Based on our discussion here [1] I have started to integrate JDK
> WSGen/WSImport tools into Axis2 tools. My conclusion is we can use JDK
> WSGen/WSImport tools until we find a limitation or blocking issue.
> JBoss -WS already use this approach and still I'm not aware with such
> issue.  I have created AXIS2-5103 and AXIS2-5104  to track this
> improvements.

I have completed above modification but this will bring 3 new
dependencies as follows BTW  we only need them to ship with Axis2
binary distribution.

1.) jaxws-rt-2.1.3
2.) stax-ex-1.2
3.) streambuffer-0.7

Also I found this discussion [1] that also focusing same set of
dependencies for Axis2.

[1] - http://markmail.org/thread/ggvdejcswwwb63ch

> 2.)  We had some discussions [2] [3] but still AXIS2-4611 is an open
> issue , the important fact is earlier we had this support but now we
> don't IMO we need to fix this for 1.7.0 release. Also it is better to
> implement this features based on well defined extensions so that it
> won't break it again. Based on above discussions we can think
> following approach as the best way to implement these issues.
>
>   a.)  Decouple the services.xml file parsing from the deployers so
> that  it can be accessed by any service types based on a API.
>
>   b.)  Refactoring of ServiceDeployer to introduce a new API for
> extension. This allows JAX-WS to plug itself into the service deployer
> also some other
>         projects can use this API for extensions.
>
>         Andreas , It would be great if you can elaborate more on
> implementation of above ServiceDeployer extension  API that you
> suggested
>         sometime  ago.

Great if we have some ideas on this matter too ?

Thanks !