axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis Deployment on multiple servers on same box
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:13:21 GMT
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 22:54, Chris Beech <chris@chrisbeech.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a Websphere configuration of two servers per profile per node (one
> node is an AIX LPAR) - with a total of five nodes, giving us ten servers in
> our cluster. Each node has two deployments, one being our main application
> (containing web and EJB components) and the second being a WAR containing
> our AXIS code.
>
> We have configured our webservices in our webservice WAR with a services.xml
> lilke this....
>
> serviceGroup>
>     <service name="HelloBeanService">
>         <description>Hello! web service</description>
>         <messageReceivers>
>             <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
>
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBInOnlyMessageReceiver"/>
>         <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBMessageReceiver"/>
>         </messageReceivers>
>         <parameter name="ServiceClass">my.ejb.HelloBusiness</parameter>
>         <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName">my.ejb.Hello</parameter>
>         <parameter name="homeInterfaceName">my.ejb.HelloHome</parameter>
>         <parameter name="beanJndiName">my/ejb/HelloBean</parameter>
>         <parameter name="providerUrl">[URL]</parameter>
>      </service>
> </serviceGroup>
>
> The problem I'm having is that I need to configure the providerUrl to be
> specific to each deployment of the webservice War....but I don't really want
> to have to do that.
>
> So, is there a way of specifying multiple providers or a list so the
> webservice WAR calls the EJBs in its JVM, rather than all webservice EJB
> invocations being routed to one of the JVMs in each node?

If I understand this correctly, your requirement is that the EJB
invocation is always in-VM (and doesn't use IIOP). In that case you
don't need a provider URL. If it is not possible to configure the EJB
message receivers without provider URL (because they consider it as
mandatory), then you should be able to get the same result by using
"corbaloc:rir:/NameServiceServerRoot".