axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 1.6.2 bug and Version 1.5.6 problem
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:12:31 GMT
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Alexandr Bukharin
<alexandr.bukharin@db.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to use Axis2 to generate the Java classes and communicate with a
> Web Service. Whenever I try to use version 1.6.2 of the software I run into
> this bug:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5070
>
> is there any chance of finding out roughly how long I'd have to wait before
> it got fixed?
>
> If I revert to version 1.5.6 the bug isn't present, however I keep getting
> the following error messages when I run my tests, which try to connect to
> the Web Service.
>
> Error:Error:line (20,323)com.cscreen.Cscreen_ServiceStub.OperationType is
> not abstract and does not override abstract method
> serialize(javax.xml.namespace.QName,javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamWriter,boolean)

That error would mean that the code has been generated with an Axis2
version other than 1.5.x. Executing code generated by a different
major release is generally not supported.

> in org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean
>     Warning:Warning:line (20,397)[deprecation] IS_DATA_HANDLERS_AWARE in
> org.apache.axiom.om.OMConstants has been deprecated

The reason for this warning is that on the 1.5.x branch, Axiom has
been upgraded to a newer version where IS_DATA_HANDLERS_AWARE is
deprecated, but for compatibility reasons the code generator has not
been changed.