axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Release from Trunk?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:51:08 GMT
Thanks for the reply Sagara. Do all three (Axis2, Rampart and Sandesha) should be released
in the same release cycle? Or can we release Axis2 first and then get to the others later?

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Jul 15, 2013, at 1:49 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The Synapse community is working towards a release by the end of summer. The last Synapse
release was based on Axis2 1.6.1. I understand that there's a newer 1.6.2 release now, but
the Synapse trunk is currently based on Axis2 trunk (1.7.0-SNAPSHOT). Is there any chance
we can get a release from the Axis2 trunk in the near future?

> There are bunch of new features and more than 100 of bug fixes on Axis2 trunk to go with
1.7.0 and I can handle a Axis2 release too but the biggest problem to me is handling Rampart
and Sandesha2 releases. Specially there are some test failures happening time to time on Sandesha2,
this can be a thread synchronization issue but currently no one looking into it. If some one
can look into those issues and fix them then it's not hard to get Axis2 releases soon.

> Thanks !
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
> --