axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Asanka Dissanayake <asanka...@gmail.com>
Subject CORS Supprt in Axis2
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 00:13:55 GMT
Hi Devs,
I recently happened to call a Axis2Service with AJAX post method. Then
there was an "Access-Control-Allow-Origin Error". When I was digging
through the path, I came to know about CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing)
spec [1] .

User agents commonly apply same-origin restrictions to network requests.
These restrictions prevent a client-side Web application running from one
origin from obtaining data retrieved from another origin, and also limit
unsafe HTTP requests that can be automatically launched toward destinations
that differ from the running application's origin.

To overcome this issue , I implemented an axis2 handler which the
implementation is very specific to my use case. It handles the preflight
request.

In Axis2 , have we implemented CORS Spec? If not what about providing CORS
support with Axis2?
Since I already have the implementation, I can make it more generic and add
to Axis2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/

Thanks,
Asanka