axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis Kieselhorst"<d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patches
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:39:14 GMT

> Priority is (initially) chosen by the reporter and is very subjective.
> I've seen bugs reported as blockers or critical even though the
> reporter himself actually acknowledged the existence of a workaround.
> The number of votes is a better indicator. There is also the number of
> watchers, which can give an idea of the interest in a particular bug
> (Although depending on settings, JIRA automatically adds people who
> comment on a bug as watchers).

Just to bring this up once more. In other projects we adjust the initially priority after
the bug is reported, but if it's not the case for the Axis project, you're right to ignore
it. Votes and watches as indicator is fine for me.

Would be great to hear if patches will be applied for 1.7.6/ 1.8, otherwise I would advise
to kickoff CXF migration projects.

Cheers
Dennis