axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Kieselhorst <d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board concerns over Axis project reports
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:07:47 GMT
> As a project with a long history and stable software, it's fine when the
> pace of development slows down. But the ASF still needs to ensure that
> we're clearly letting users know how active the development is on
> different subprojects, as well as honestly admitting when there aren't
> enough developers on some part of the project to keep up with user
> issues and/or any new security issues.

The state of the Axis project is really sad. There are motivated people
that want to contribute stuff but get no feedback for their patches (see
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5c25cb35b506644abd68141361b5394617fe25ce70da003212f660dd@<java-dev.axis.apache.org>).
In other projects this is the way to get new committers on board.

That's why I'm currently migrating Axis2 applications to CXF.

Regards
Dennis