axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Some project builds fail if goal "clean" is not used
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 08:42:30 GMT
Guten Tag Andreas Veithen,
am Sonntag, 17. September 2017 um 17:43 schrieben Sie:

> See my earlier messages in this thread explaining the root cause and
> how one would reproduce this.

Thanks for the hint and sorry, somehow I missed all of your answers to
my question.

> That means that the output directory is not added to the list of test
> sources, resulting in compilation failures.

But what I'm seeing is that someone actively deletes individual class
files from the following child folders:

> C:\Users\tschoening\Documents\Eclipse\Java Axis2\axis2\modules\metadata\target\test-classes\org

All subdirs in that dir seem to be iterated and all containing Java
class files deleted and only those class files, the following one is
kept for example:

> C:\Users\tschoening\Documents\Eclipse\Java Axis2\axis2\modules\metadata\target\test-classes\org\apache\axis2\jaxws\description\HandlerConfigFile.xml

If it was only about classpath issues, shouldn't those files still be
there? Additionally, after successfully running "mvn clean test ...",
I commented out the usage of jaxb2 in the pom.xml of metadata and that
didn't change anything, the Java class files were still deleted.

Doesn't that mean that that plugin is not the problem and that someone
else is wrongly deleting those files for some reason?

Setting "clearOutputDir" to "false" of the jaxb2 plugin didn't change
anything as well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55