axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Some project builds fail if goal "clean" is not used
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2017 16:11:08 GMT
Guten Tag Martin Gainty,
am Sonntag, 10. September 2017 um 03:40 schrieben Sie:

MG>>what i would do
MG>>mvn  compile
MG>>set read-only attribute to the folder(s) you want to keep and  run your test again
e.g.
MG>>mvn  test --projects :axis2-metadata
MG>>observe exception thrown by maven-surefire-plugin...what  does it say?

There are no exceptions, even though using Process Monitor I can see
that someone tries to delete the files:

> 17:24:02,4152279        java.exe        16280   CreateFile      C:\Users\tschoening\Documents\Eclipse\Java
Axis2\axis2\modules\metadata\target\test-classes\org\test\proxy\doclitwrapped\FinOpResponse.class
   ACCESS DENIED   Desired Access: Delete, Disposition: Open, Options: Non-Directory File,
Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

As you can see on "ACCESS DENIED", deletion is forbidden, tests
succeed, nothing is logged using "-X" param for Maven.

But the best is yet to come: If I remove "read-only" and am running
the test only again directly afterwards, it still succeeds and Process
Monitor doesn't log any attempt to delete files like the one above.
Even after 10 minutes have passed.

If I "mvn clean test ..." and "mvn test ..." right afterwards, this
time without setting "read-only" in between, Process Monitor logs file
deletions again and things fail again.

Such things are really annoying. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning