axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "robertlazarski ." <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis move to the Attic (was: Board concerns over Axis project reports - README)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 23:09:17 GMT
I was waiting for Andreas Veithen to reply since he is by far the most
active contributor to Axis2 currently.

I have a vested interest in Axis2 going forward as its used extensively by
the company I work for. The CVE questions that come up periodically with
Axis2 and its dependencies are essential for the project to continue, and I
don't expect being in the attic will allow Axis2 to be used in production
projects.

I have been a committer to Axis2 since 2006. I contributed the Spring
Framework support to Axis2, ported the SOAP Monitor from Axis1 to Axis2,
and wrote some docs explaining both of these and also the Ant commands.
This was all years go.

Since then I did respond to some recent security questions regarding the
SOAP Monitor, and I do help on the user list around once a month.

>From my perspective, we have at least 3 active members as we have had
several releases this year already. No problems voting. Because of any
CVE's I always run the latest version and dependencies, so I do test the
releases.

The main problem as I see it, is no one has stepped up to take over the
monthly Apache board reports as required for the Axis2 project. I am not
sure I am the right person for it, though it doesn't seem hard.

As stated, I am hoping Andreas Veithen can share his thoughts.

Kind regards,
Robert