beam-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel Halperin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (BEAM-1399) Code coverage numbers are not accurate
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2017 19:39:42 GMT
Daniel Halperin created BEAM-1399:
-------------------------------------

             Summary: Code coverage numbers are not accurate
                 Key: BEAM-1399
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-1399
             Project: Beam
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: build-system, sdk-java-core, testing
            Reporter: Daniel Halperin


We've started adding Java Code Coverage numbers to PRs using the jacoco plugin. However, we
are getting very low coverage reported for things like the Java SDK core.

My belief is that this is happening because we test the bulk of the SDK not in the SDK module
, but in fact in the DirectRunner and other similar modules.

JaCoCo has a {{report:aggregate}} target that might do the trick, but with a few minutes of
playing with it I wasn't able to make it work satisfactorily. Basic work in https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/1800

This is a good "random improvement" issue for anyone to pick up.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Mime
View raw message