beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject Review sets for non-bea committers
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:19:35 GMT
So now that we have source code in the repository, we have a set of
committers who have worked closely with the existing source code, and a
set of committers who have never seen it.  This is likely the same
alignment as the BEA committers and the non-BEA committers.

There are over 5000 files in the trunk.  It would be prudent to engineer
some sort of "knowledge transfer", "design review", or something
similar, to get people familiar with the code base who up til now
haven't been deeply involved in its development.  This could be done at
several levels of sophistication, starting at simply a road map of what
high-level modules are present, or a list of "code review sets",
consisting of lists of files that should be reviewed by people
interested in getting involved in particular parts of the system.