beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: EOL settings in subversion
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:12:03 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 15:31, Richard Feit wrote:
>  From this discussion on the SVN users list --
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=users&by=thread&from=184061
> -- I'm gathering that there's not currently an infrastructure-level way in
> SVN to set the default svn:eol-style to 'native', and that it's up to
> individual users to set this property on added files (and optionally to
> create local config.

That is correct.  EOL translation is a big cause of data loss/munging in
CVS, and by default Subversion does absolutely nothing to your data.

> I'm just wondering whether this seems true, and
> whether there's been a standard way of dealing with this across Apache
> projects.

There's no official way, but I've seen a lot of folks using autoprops to
get svn:eol-style on *.c and *.java files set to the right thing.

See the Subversion book, specifically the section on auto-props:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.4

-Fitz