beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: running netui tests on machines with non-US locales
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:07:04 GMT

  A fix for this went in at rev 23192.

  We're getting closer here -- I've heard that there are still a couple 
of problems with some tests failing, but it's closer to working now.

  Anyone with a non-US locale able to give this another spin and send in 
the failures?

  Thanks!

Eddie



Eddie O'Neil wrote:

>
>  Fix for this will be in tomorrow.
>
>  Apologies for the delay.
>
> Eddie
>
>
>
> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>
>> All--
>>
>>  Just FYI...
>>
>>  Seems that there's a problem right now running the Test Recorder 
>> half of the NetUI test suite on some machines with non-US locales.  
>> These tests are the ones that execute against a running Tomcat server 
>> and are run from the Ant "drt" target.
>>  The problem is related to parsing a String date out of an XML file 
>> that configures each test; stack traces for this problem will look 
>> like the ones below.
>>
>>  A fix for this which will just standardize on US formatted dates (at 
>> least for the time being) should be checked in tomorrow.
>>  In the meantime, if you have trouble running the tests, this is a 
>> possible cause, and if you see additional problems with the test 
>> suite, please bring them up.
>>  Thanks!
>> Eddie
>>
>> 18 jul 2004 14:27:25,250 ERROR TestRecorderServlet []: ERROR: unable 
>> to start playback, unable to obtain session, exception( ERROR: failed 
>> parsing record file( 
>> C:\java\projects\beehive\trunk\netui\test\webapps\drt\testRecorder\tests\AnyBeanBinding.xml

>> ), exception( ERROR: failed parsing start date( 17 May 2004, 
>> 05:01:41.149 PM GMT-07:00 ) ) )
>>
>> Throwable: 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.SessionFailedException:

>> ERROR: failed parsing record file( 
>> C:\java\projects\beehive\trunk\netui\test\webapps\drt\testRecorder\tests\AnyBeanBinding.xml

>> ), exception( ERROR: failed parsing start date( 17 May 2004, 
>> 05:01:41.149 PM GMT-07:00 ) )
>> Stack Trace:
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.SessionFailedException:

>> ERROR: failed parsing record file( 
>> C:\java\projects\beehive\trunk\netui\test\webapps\drt\testRecorder\tests\AnyBeanBinding.xml

>> ), exception( ERROR: failed parsing start date( 17 May 2004, 
>> 05:01:41.149 PM GMT-07:00 ) )
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.SessionImpl.error(SessionImpl.java:279)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.SessionImpl.error(SessionImpl.java:262)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.PlaybackSessionImpl.parseRecordFile(PlaybackSessionImpl.java:321)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.PlaybackSessionImpl.<init>(PlaybackSessionImpl.java:73)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.State.createPlaybackSession(State.java:278)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.TestRecorderServlet.getPlaybackSession(TestRecorderServlet.java:822)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.TestRecorderServlet.doPlaybackStart(TestRecorderServlet.java:355)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.TestRecorderServlet.doPlayback(TestRecorderServlet.java:263)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.TestRecorderServlet.doGet(TestRecorderServlet.java:89)

>>
>>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
>>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.TestRecorderFilter.doFilter(TestRecorderFilter.java:103)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:793) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:702)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:571) 
>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:644)

>>
>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>> Caused by: 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.SessionXMLException: 
>> ERROR: failed parsing start date( 17 May 2004, 05:01:41.149 PM 
>> GMT-07:00 )
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.xmlbeans.XMLHelper.getRecordSessionBean(XMLHelper.java:444)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.xmlbeans.XMLHelper.getRecordSessionBean(XMLHelper.java:99)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.xmlbeans.XMLHelper.getRecordSessionBean(XMLHelper.java:60)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.server.state.PlaybackSessionImpl.parseRecordFile(PlaybackSessionImpl.java:316)

>>
>>     ... 37 more
>> Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "17 May 2004, 
>> 05:01:41.149 PM GMT-07:00"
>>     at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:335)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.SessionBean.setStartDate(SessionBean.java:65)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.beehive.netui.tools.testrecorder.shared.xmlbeans.XMLHelper.getRecordSessionBean(XMLHelper.java:439)

>>
>>     ... 40 more
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message