beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Tam" <ken...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Should we put source code on the Beehvie Site?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:35:31 GMT
Zach and James have been working on setting up some build/test
infrastructure; can you guys chime in?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Olander [mailto:dolander@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:09 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: Re: Should we put source code on the Beehvie Site?

Being new to this also, what I would have assumed is that at some point
we will set up an automatic daily build that will then be available as a
binary and src distribution.  Not sure how this gets setup.  As a part
of that we will probably need a daily build infrastructure that will do
the build and create the various distributions.  In addition (as part of
this) we should setup a daily test run that reports the results on our
web so people can see the quality.

Not sure who is on the hook for getting all this work done.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:50:57 -0700, Will Pugh <willpugh@bea.com> wrote:
> I noticed a lot of other incubator projects have places on the site
where you can download the code.  I think it would be nice to be able to
have our code accessible as a zip or a tar.gz file on the site to
download.

> Anyone else think this would be a good idea?  Not sure if the right
way to do it would be to mark some initial point as M0, and snapshot
there, or hook into some daily build process to build these.