beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Heather Stephens" <heath...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Beehive source
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:02:09 GMT
Sri, Rahul and everyone else who has been patiently
waiting for the Beehive project to get started--

BEA is expected to check-in the initial source code base
within the next 24 hours.  It should be buildable immediately.
The Beehive committers will take it from there and get an
automated nightly build set up for people to play with.

The committers have chosen to use Subversion for source
control.  Anyone who hasn't already done so, may want to
download the svn client and start browsing the following
links:

download client: http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html
svn official site: http://subversion.tigris.org
svn online manual: http://svnbook.red-bean.com
intro to svn for cvs users: http://osdir.com/Article203.phtml

To answer Rahul's question below, one of the first things
we need to do is start discussing the direction of the project,
start an FAQ, start a list of open issues and bugs in Jira
and provide info for how and where people can help contribute.
While we are doing all this initial stuff over the coming days,
we'll also try to provide as much info as possible for people
to start learning about and playing with Beehive.

Heather