beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Heather Stephens" <heath...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Should we put source code on the Beehvie Site?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:32:39 GMT
It turns out I will have to do Step #3 for both trunk/external and
trunk/netui/external/.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather Stephens
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 11:57 AM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: RE: Should we put source code on the Beehvie Site?

Until we can do the work to make this happen via Gump (or other method),
I'd like to throw up archives of source onto
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/beehive/src/ and add links to them
from our project website.

I have a few assumptions--
*People should be able to view and build the source.
*If users must jump through a couple of hoops manually for the short
term, that will be ok.
*We are not making any statements about stability at this point.
Obviously this isn't a release.

Pertinent notes on how I want to do this--
1.  Use the head revision
2.  File naming convention:  incubating-beehive-<YYYYMMDD>-<Rev>.<ext>
3.  I will include the external directory structure but rather than
including the archives for ant/junit/etc., I will simply place a
shortcut to the Apache location for the appropriate project and
build/file.  I will also include a readme telling the user that to build
they must first download these files.  This is to keep the archive file
to a reasonable size.

I plan to do this early next week.  Please holler if you have any
suggestions/improvements/concerns.

Thanks.
Heather