beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Web Services Metadata
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:11:26 GMT
Ias wrote on Saturday, July 17, 2004 2:00 AM:
> I'd like to discuss how we are going to develop web services metadata
> (WSM). Currently Axis has its own WSM implementation hosted at ws-
> axis/contrib.
Ias,

Yes - let's start to figure out the JSR 181 piece of Beehive.  As you
probably already know (but for the benefit of anyone who does not),
BEA is the spec lead for JSR 181 and is therefore responsible for
delivering a Reference Implementation and TCK.  While it is probably best
if BEA develops the TCK on its own (I doubt there's a large Apache
community to support building a TCK), it would make sense for the RI
to just be the result of the Web Services piece of Beehive.

So, you mentioned having some code already in the Axis project.
Can you tell us more about that?  Are you, dims, and Jongjin all
working on it already?  Where have you made the most progress
already?

Thanks,
Cliff