beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i help
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:50:15 GMT
Heather,

As sanjiva mentioned, whoever does the work, gets to make the
decisions...we can always move things around later if
required/desired. So i'd say it's settled to leave things as-is for
now and maybe do a VOTE later if any of the developers want to.

thanks,
dims

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:39 -0700, Heather Stephens <heathers@bea.com> wrote:

> We all want it to be the best it can be obviously.  I think the input/conversation is
all good.  :)

> It all depends on how we categorize this philosophically I suppose.  There are definitely
good reasons to have this code in the WS family.  There are also good reasons to have this
code in the Beehive project.

> The main reason IMO to keep this implementation in Beehive is because of the purpose
of Beehive.  It is an integrated metadata-driven framework that leverages the latest from
Sun J2SE 5.0, especially the JSR-175 annotation style.  It provides an easy-to-use programming
model for building webapps.  It targets a user with fewer of the "rockstar J2EE dev" skills,
a user who is more of a business developer and doesn't want to deal with all of the plumbing.
 And Beehive will also be extensible to future subprojects that also leverage JSR-175 style
metadata.  JWS is an important brush stroke on this canvas.

> We do need to flush out the details of the implementation proposal obviously.  Once we
have that in hand should we call a more formal vote or is now the time to settle it?

URL