beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: jpetstore sample appliation
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:08:36 GMT
Ias--

  Yes, I considered that but already had petstore mostly working and had
graphics (styles / images) that could go with it.  I've run into
licensing problems in the past with some of the artwork contained in
other samples.  And, example applications tend to present better when
they're pretty.  <g>

  In addition, it's pretty small and focuses on the web-tier and
business objects without getting overly complicated.

  It's certainly the case that one could add web services (and JSF for
that matter) to the petstore application.  In the long run, it'd be
great to have the petstore use a pluggable service layer that supports
an in-memory object store and a database / web service layer balances
between between being easy to run and being more real-world.

  And, as always, having more than one example is never a bad thing.

Eddie