beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Beehive Wiki] Updated: Jsr181Impl
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:54:57 GMT

  And for the record, NetUI doesn't make the test/ and drt/tests
distinction.  Since everything is webapps, it's just easier to manage by
having a subset of all of the tests act as the DRTs rather than an
entirely separate suite, which would require duplicated webapp build /
config infrastructure, etc.

Eddie

Kyle Marvin wrote:

>>P.S. By the way, I saw the directory structure of control and
>>got curious of
>>what was difference between test and drt/tests.
>>

>DRT stands for "developer regression tests" and is just a basic set of pre-checkin tests
that committers are expected to always run before submitting changes.   The regular test directory
is intended to be a more robust full test suite that is intended to be run repetitively in
background (via CruiseControl or other automated mechanisms) to catch deeper issues.