beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Marvin" <ky...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Attributes 2.1 Released
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:43:01 GMT
The current Early Review Draft for JSR-181 in Section 3.2 states that "the metadata used to
annotate the Java WS file is conformant to the JSR-175 specification and the specific JSR-181
annotation type declarations that are defined in this specification (using the JSR-175 metadata
facility)".   Since JSR-175 is already an approved standard and part of JDK 1.5, it seems
unlikely that this position is going to change.

Commons-Attributes is an alternative mechanism for specifying metadata within source code.
  We could have a discussion of the relative pros/cons, but it seems that to be able to declare
the WS implementation as compliant w/ JSR-181 will require usage of JSR-175 annotations as
the metadata facility.