beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Heather Stephens" <heath...@bea.com>
Subject Sun JDK5 builds 59 & 60 released
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:59:26 GMT
Hi gang-

Sun released B59 and B60 of JDK5, formerly known as JDK1.5.  I'd like to
update BUILDING.txt to instruct people to use the latest build of Sun
JDK5.

That assumes two things:
1.  DRTs pass on the most recent JDK5 builds.
2.  We don't end up with icky (yes, that's a technical term) backwards
compat issues between Sun builds.

I will run DRTs on both to satisfy #1 and get us rolling this time.

Regarding #2, I propose the following:
**We will lead our contributors to use a recent JDK5 build.  I will
point people to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/snapshots/index.jsp in
BUILDING.txt so they can decide what to download from Sun.

**If anyone finds that DRTs don't pass on a particular Sun JDK5 build,
we do several things:
   1.  Enter a bug in jira.
   2.  The committer on point for this bug analyzes the Beehive failure
and determines if we need a fix in Beehive or need to request a fix from
Sun.
   3.  If appropriate, the committer on point for this bug updates
BUILDING.txt to direct people to use the last known working Sun JDK
build until we have a resolution to the bug in #1.

Does anybody have any other suggestions or refinements to this process?

Heather