beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Heather Stephens" <heath...@bea.com>
Subject RE: can i help
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:27:39 GMT

We all want it to be the best it can be obviously.  I think the input/conversation is all
good.  :)

It all depends on how we categorize this philosophically I suppose.  There are definitely
good reasons to have this code in the WS family.  There are also good reasons to have this
code in the Beehive project.

The main reason IMO to keep this implementation in Beehive is because of the purpose of Beehive.
 It is an integrated metadata-driven framework that leverages the latest from Sun J2SE 5.0,
especially the JSR-175 annotation style.  It provides an easy-to-use programming model for
building webapps.  It targets a user with fewer of the "rockstar J2EE dev" skills, a user
who is more of a business developer and doesn't want to deal with all of the plumbing.  And
Beehive will also be extensible to future subprojects that also leverage JSR-175 style metadata.
 JWS is an important brush stroke on this canvas.

We do need to flush out the details of the implementation proposal obviously.  Once we have
that in hand should we call a more formal vote or is now the time to settle it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:17 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: Re: can i help

Please don't use "JWS" .. that's already used in Axis for Java Web
Services as you may know ...

I didn't realize this was an RI for a JSR. If so I'm even more confused why
its not a project on its own .. amongst the other various WS projects.

Oh well - its finally up to the developer community, of course. If you feel
comfortable with the situation then I withdraw my objection.

Sanjiva.