beehive-dev mailing list archives

From ". Ias" <iasan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: can i help
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:57:01 GMT
Here's my understanding and opinion on this issue so far as a creator of
Axis WSM.

1. Beehive JWS, of which name is from its wiki page although I called it
Beehive WSM (I agree that JWS is better based on its history), is supposed
to implement JSR 181 as RI that BEA must provide because they lead the spec
in JCP.

2. Beehive team has several committers (from BEA and Tmax) including the
spec lead of JSR 181 and me for the job.

3. As I proposed roughly before, Beehive JWS consists of two layers, a JSR
181 processor and a possible integration with a web services platform such
as Axis.

4. As far as I'm concerned, it would be good for Web Services project to
co-work on JSR 181 with BEA inside Beehive project. The reason is that JSR
181 belongs to web services technologies, but also is a practical
application of metadata newly introduced in J2SE 5.0. Beehive requires and
uses metadata a lot. We can expect help and guidance from Beehive
developers who are already very familiar with metadata.

5. Regarding the current situation that there's no code for Beehive JWS
contributed initially by BEA, I propose that JSR 181 API part should be
checked in as soon as possible to Beehive SVN repository and we should keep
discussing how we will implement it and integrate it with Axis. I'll make
my proposal more detailed within a week, and probably talk about it in Axis
2 Summit as well. In my humble opinion, we all have a nice chance to build
an open source implementation from the early stage of its targeted spec
with spec folks and impl folks :-) In other words, the two groups can
interact productively and progressively to make a JSR 181 implementation
robust in both technical and pragmatical sense.

Thank you all for your interest in JWS,

Ias

<beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org>,<dims@apache.org>

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=beehive-dev@incubato

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=181

> > > Latest thinking on how it might happen within Beehive is found in
this
> > > proposal from Ias -->
> > > http://www.apache.org/~ias/beehive-wsm-proposal-draft.txt
> > > He and others already have prototype code in Axis that we can use
here.

> > > I hope this helps.
> > > H.

책상위에 다리 올리고 느긋하게 즐긴다... MSN 온라인 상영관