beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Rotan Hanrahan" <Rotan.Hanra...@MobileAware.com>
Subject Should the wiki have something about getting started in Beehive?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:36:06 GMT
The wiki could be a good place for documenting how to get started in Beehive. Although my colleagues
at work are Workshop users and are regular users/creators of Controls, that's not my focus(*).
So I decided to start with nothing and build up, piece by piece, an environment that will
let me get, build, modify and test Beehive, and ultimately move my observations/suggestions/modifications
back into the Beehive community.

Rather than continue to share my observations during this early stage via short bursts on
the mailing lists, perhaps it would be better documented in the wiki. That way, others can
contribute their experiences too, and our documented mistakes/successes will help others to
avoid/replicate them.

I looked at the other Apache wikis, but couldn't find a good example of what I'm proposing,
though some of the pages in the James project seem close: http://wiki.apache.org/james

---Rotan.

PS I'm also a wiki novice, so this is going to be doubly interesting...

(*) My focus is device/content/workflow metadata - how to represent it, change it (dynamically)
and use it within the a multi-channel (multi-device) occassionally (dis)connected environment.