beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beehive JSR-181 implementation -- proposal
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:24:32 GMT
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:13:06 -0700, Cliff Schmidt <cliff@bea.com> wrote:
> Ias wrote on Monday, August 16, 2004 5:53 PM:
>
> > Cliff, could we check-in JSR 181 APIs (annotation types) to Beehive
> > SVN?
>
> I'm sure we can do this (otherwise, what would be the point of this
> project ;-), but the license on the JCP site, isn't very clear.  So,
> give me 24 hours to straighten this out.
>
> Cliff

The general practice on JSRs is to do a "clean room" implementation of
the javax.* classes, taking special care to not introduce any
additional public or protected variables or methods, or alter any of
the method signatures (doing any of this would cause a failure of the
signature tests in the TCK later on).  That's what Tomcat did for the
servlet and JSP api calsses (in the CVS modules jakarta-servletapi-4
and jakarta-servletapi-5), and what Geronimo did in one of their
modules as well.

Craig