beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: patch for jira 129
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:53:14 GMT
Bryan--

   Hey; actually, these lines serve a purpose there.  When starting a
server that isn't immediately available, these are intended to
continually ping a server until the specified "waitfor.url" is
available.  If a server takes a while to start, the HTTP port may not be
running yet, and this keeps the build from failing out immediately after
forking the server.

   But, I think you've hit on the issue here -- the "waitfor.url" passed
from netui/test/webapps/drt/build.xml is looking for a webapp that's
running at http://localhost:8080/coreWeb.  The first time the tests run,
that's obviously not available yet, which is why the tests fail.

   You might try taking a crack at changing this waitfor.url to
http://localhost:8080 to try to hit the default webapp and see if that
helps solve the problem.

   Thanks for digging on this one.  :)

Eddie