beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Che <b...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: patch for jira 129
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:16:09 GMT
Hi Eddie, you're right that the <waitfor> would help servers that do a
delayed startup.  I don't think that moving it to the "ensure.deployed"
target would be better--the target that starts the server should be
responsible for making sure that it's running.

I'll add another property, server.root.url, and have the server.test
target wait for that url before trying to deploy in order to solve the
immediate bug.

I also agree that the factoring is somewhat convoluted.  I'd like to do
something similar for the test suite that I did to get the distribution
to support JOnAS: abstract out all the server-related info into
application-server-specific files and then configure switching
application servers through a property.  If that sounds reasonable (and
my earlier patch seems ok), I can send out more details on that work.

Bryan

--
Bryan Che
Red Hat, Inc.