beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Heather Stephens" <heath...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Maven Plugin
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:22:29 GMT
I like option 1.  Since Beehive is no longer a BEA-only project it seems
to me we should figure out how to support things like the Maven plugin
that add value to Apache Beehive and our users.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:dan@envoisolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:08 PM
To: beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Maven Plugin

Over the course of creating several controls, I've created a maven
beehive plugin which takes care of building, testing, and building
webapps.  Now that I'm heavily using it for controlhaus I'd like to make

it available to the public.  I think its very useful and lowers the
barrier of entry to the public. To start using Beehive I no longer need
to fool around with build scripts I just add a line to my
"project.properties" that says "beehive.compile.enable=true".

Plugins are distributed through ibiblio or other maven distribution
sites.  So, once there is a plugin release to install the plugin users
do something like this to install it:

maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-beehive-plugin
-DgroupId=beehive -Dversion=1.0

However, the key here is maintenance. As no one in BEA is using maven
for Beehive it appears that I would be the maintainer.  So two options:

Option 1
This could potentially go into the Beehive SVN somewhere. Then I could
maintain either through being nominated as a committer or through
patches. If the latter someone would need to both patch for me and
deploy the plugin onto ibiblio (deploying takes like 5 minutes).

Option 2
Host at controlhaus. This doesn't exactly seem like a control, which is
my only problem with this option. The pros are that I already have
complete infrastructure access :-).

Other options? Thoughts?

- Dan

--